I know, I can’t believe it’s going to be 2017 either, but you know what that means… it’s time to start planning those New Year’s resolutions! The hardest part is actually deciding what you want your resolutions to be, but don’t worry. We are here to help you! Check out our 20 best New Years resolution ideas below.
1. Exercise– This is almost everyone’s go-to New Year’s resolution, but do they stick to it? Actually focus on a set plan where you can incorporate a workout every day or at least five days a week and don’t give up!
2. Get Organized– Organization is key to a balanced life. When things are cluttered and messy you will feel overwhelmed and stressed out. Simply create a to-do list and you are half way there.
3. Enjoy Life– We tend to get caught up in the moment and forget to actually enjoy it. I can sit here and tell you about how life is so short, but you already know that so make your resolution to enjoy it more!
4. Smile More– A smile can go a long way not only for yourself, but for others around you as well. Smiling is contagious!
5. Help Others– If you are privileged enough to live a fulfilling life, then help out others. You can donate old clothes, food, or basically anything you do not use anymore!
6. Love More– Open your heart to everything. Love the weather, an animal, a human, or a song. Just love more and you will see your life change for the better.
7. Learn Something New– Expand your knowledge. Try something new and master it!
8. Spend More Time with Family– Take some time out of your busy schedule to appreciate your loved ones. Create memories with your family that will last a lifetime!
9. Eat Healthier– Eating healthy will not only make you feel better, but it will make you look better. Your skin, body, and mind will thank you for changing your diet.
10. Spend Less, Save More– Don’t just throw money away. Spend your money on things you absolutely need and save the rest so you can buy something bigger in the future.
11. Stress Less– I know this is easier said than done, but trust me if you start relaxing rather than overreacting, you will see a change in your life.
12. Lose the Phone– Put your phone down and enjoy your company. Social media can wait, but a moment and time does not wait for anyone.
13. Speak Your Mind– Your opinion and thoughts need to be heard. Don’t hold back just because you think your views aren’t important. Just make sure not to offend anyone!
14. Be More Positive– Look at life as the glass half full rather than half empty. This will help you overcome certain obstacles in your life and just be an all around better human.
15. Travel More– Get out of your comfort zone and explore! Whether it be a town over or across the world, just go and find new places and meet new people.
16. Volunteer– Help out those who are in need. Not only will you be doing a good thing, but you will feel better about yourself too!
17. Lose a Bad Habit– This is the year. Finally you are going to cut that bad habit that you said you would last year. You got this!
18. Write More– Write down your thoughts. This will help ease whatever is going on in your head and you can reflect back on your writing which will help you in the future.
19. Take Care of Yourself– This is the year about you. Go get that new hair cut you wanted. Get your nails done. Do anything that will help better your mood and body!
20. Overcome a Fear– This is one of the hardest things to do, but I have faith in you. You are going to have to work at this, but do not give up. Make steps to overcoming your fear and you will be pleased with the outcome.
I hope this inspires you to at least start brainstorming some resolution ideas for yourself. Make this year your year of success! Show us your resolution ideas by tagging us on Instagram @Faviana_NY & Twitter @FavianaNY!