Here at Faviana, we are always looking for ways of making of making our meals more healthy while staying equally delicious. Today, we decided to share with you one of our favorite breakfast recipes ever: Spinach Protein Pancakes.
Now, don’t be put out by how green they look. We know. We actually think they look fun and interesting! More importantly, though, there are super filling
- 3 tablespoons of oatmeal flakes
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 3 tablespoons of organic pancake mix
- 2 teaspoon of flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons of Stevia or your preferred sweetening
- 1 scoop of protein powder (without flavor, or vanilla)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of low fat or no fat milk
- 1 handful of spinach leaves
- Olive oil or your preferred oil
- Put all ingredients in a blender and mix until you have a homogenous blend. It should look pale green, but don’t fret! You will barely be able to taste the spinach, the flavor is very subtle.
- Heat a small or medium pan in a slow fire. Put a small quantity of oil in the pan, wait for a few moments until it’s warm.
- Pour a small quantity of the mix into the pan and wait until a big quantity of tiny holes appear on the surface, that will be your signal to flip the pancake.
You will be amazed by how good these are— so good that we love eating them with nothing, but can also be enjoyed with white cheese or even strawberries, bananas and dark chocolate if you are like us and have a sweet tooth that needs to be satisfied at all times!
These are amazing for the benefits that each ingredient provides, which you will notice make you feel filled and with more energy during the day. We need protein in our bodies because it helps us build our muscles, bones, skin, blood and it even makes you grow healthy hair and nails. It also helps your body build and repair tissues and other important enzymes and hormones.
Spinach is also a great source of protein, as well as being high in dietary fiber and very low in fat and cholesterol, which makes it a super healthy option for this fun spin on pancakes. Oatmeal is great if you are looking to reduce your levels of LDL (the “bad” kind of cholesterol) because it is so high in soluble fiber.
As well, flax seeds are full of antioxidants and Omega 3 which is the “good” kind of fat, amazing for your heart. And almond flour is a healthier alternative to regular one since almonds are a great source of high protein and healthy unsaturated fatty acids, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, as well as antioxidants that can help prevent cardiovascular heart diseases.
Hopefully, this recipe for Spinach Protein Pancakes will be helpful to you. Do you have some tips for a better diet or another favorite workout routine? Let us know by tagging us on Instagram @glamandgowns, and Faviana’s Instagram @Faviana_NY and Twitter @FavianaNY. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our Youtube channel for more fun vlogs @FavianaNYC!