Nothing says summer more than a healthy salad recipe. This season is the highlight for fruits and vegetables, so it’s time to make use of them. Whether you need something to make for a BBQ, or any outing, we got you covered on the best summer salad recipes!
Cobb Summer Salad Recipes
The Cobb salad is a popular and delicious choice for any event. Plus, it’s easier to make than you would think!
- In a jar, shake together: 1/3 cup of red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, and 2/3 cups of olive oil.
- Prepare your ingredients: 1 head romaine lettuce, 4 hard-boiled eggs peeled and quartered, 12 oz. diced cooked chicken, 8 slices of cooked bacon 1 avocado thinly sliced, 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese, and 5 oz. of halved cherry tomatoes.
- On a large platter, spread out the romaine lettuce, then add rows of hard-boiled eggs, chicken, crumbled bacon, avocado, blue cheese, and cherry tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with dressing, and garnish with 2 tablespoons of chopped chives. Serve and enjoy!
Mexican Chopped Salad
You’ll feel like you’re in Santa Fe with this twisted corn salad. This is for all the Mexican food lovers this summer!
- Prepare your ingredients: 3 cups of corn, 1 can black beans drained and rinsed, 2 chopped red bell peppers, 1 chopped avocado, 1/2 red onion chopped, 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Juice 2 limes and stir together.
- Garnish with 2 tablespoons of sliced green onions, and eat up!
Chicken, Bacon, & Avocado
This salad is CRAZY good, and super easy to make. It’s refreshing, sweet, and savory all at the same time. What more can you ask for?!
- Whisk together: 1/3 cup of honey, 3 tablespoons of mustard, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1-2 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar or white vinegar, and 1 teaspoon minced garlic.
- Pour half of this marinade into a shallow dish to marinade the chicken fillets for two hours. Then refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
- Heat a pan over medium heat with a teaspoon of oil. Grill chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy, and cooked through. Then set aside and allow to rest.
- Wipe the pan, drizzle with another teaspoon of oil, and fry the bacon until crispy.
- Slice the chicken into strips and prepare salad with leaves, tomatoes, avocado slices, corn, onion strips, and chicken.
- Drizzle the leftover marinade/dressing over the salad. Sprinkle the bacon over the top and season with a little extra salt and cracked pepper, then serve!
Strawberry Balsamic Pasta
Combine your favorite fruit and dish together, and you get a yummy strawberry pasta salad!
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook 1 pound of farfalle according to package directions until al dente. Drain, then transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Make balsamic glaze: In a small saucepan, bring 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, in about 10 minutes.
- Add to the bowl 1/2 cup crumbled feta, 2 cups quartered strawberries, and 1/2 cup of spinach. Season generously with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with toasted almonds to finish!
Find over 100 more recipes here. Then share your favorite summer salad recipes with us by tagging us on Instagram @glamandgowns, and Faviana’s Instagram @Faviana, Snapchat @Faviana_NY, and Twitter @FavianaNY. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our Youtube channel for more fun vlogs!