Since Faviana employees work in a motivating environment that strives to empower girls and women around the world, Faviana takes the extra step to bring in uplifting women for presentations. We find accomplished women in their respective fields who share their work experiences, as well as life tips for a variety of topics. Our most recent Women of Faviana event was led by Gabriella Truglio. We are more than happy to share her wisdom with you. If you are concerned with your wellness in regards to what you put on and in your body, keep reading! You’ll find some shocking and enlightening information that will make you want to switch up your routine.
Gabriella Truglio Bio
Women of Faviana speaker, Gabriella Truglio, founded her company called Tru Haus earlier this year. Tru Haus is an experiential marketing platform that brings people, products, and services together through curated events. Tru Haus creates communities with aligned visions and missions and works with household wellness brands such as Vital Proteins, Four Sigmatic, Gotham Greens, and so many more! Gabriella’s goal is to connect like-minded brands and like-minded individuals with each other. She hopes to inspire and create communities. Gabriella is also a certified Health Coach and is passionate about all things wellness. She shared her knowledge of self-awareness, clean beauty, and personal care with us!
Toxic Products & Ingredients
We use toiletries like shampoo and conditioner, deodorant, and cosmetics on a daily basis, therefore, we should be mindful of the ingredients in them. Constantly using products with harmful ingredients can have detrimental long term effects. If you are ready to turn your lifestyle and routine around, read product packaging before making new purchases.
It is important to note that all of the below products have been banned in Europe yet are still legal in the United States. Keep this in mind when considering what is healthy for your body. Here are the 10 ingredients that Gabriella has taught us to look out for:
- Parabens are found in many hair care, body wash, and cosmetic products. They are very harmful both internally and on your skin.
- Formaldehyde is sometimes present in nail polishes and is used during Brazilian Blowout treatments. This preservative is toxic and should be avoided.
- When the word, “fragrance” is added on a product description, it usually means it is synthetic and contains multiple chemicals. From soap to perfume, try looking out for organic essential oil scents as an alternative.
- Propylene Glycol is basically antifreeze that when tested on animals, has caused harm. They can be found in cosmetics and even food.
- Extracted from petroleum, coal tar dyes are found in both hair and cosmetic products. They will be labeled as “CI” with 5 additional numbers on product labels.
- Talc is an absorbent formula that is seen in multiple products that are powder based. Capable of causing damage, pay attention to your powder cosmetics.
- Mineral oil also derives from petroleum and is known to cause skin problems. Many creams, lotions, and moisturizers ironically contain this.
- Aluminum Zirconium is an antiperspirant ingredient found in most deodorants. It is linked to causing different diseases.
- One of the worst ingredients that we can come in contact with is Sodium Laureth. It can cause damage on our skin and eyes, and is found in skincare products along with household cleaning products.
- Both BHA and BHT can interfere with your body’s systems. You can find them in moisturizers and makeup.
Concerned for what we put in our bodies, Gabriella recommended some preventables for us. These substitute brands and products come directly from her personal shopping cart! Gabriella suggests purchasing makeup from Credo and creams from Lavido. For your powder room needs, some healthy options include Uncle Harry’s toothpaste, Arm & Hammer deodorant, and Pure Vitality Beauty nail polish remover. Free & Clear for shampoo and conditioner along with Dr. Bronners for body wash are also great. Gabriella also pointed out that natural coconut oil can serve as a makeup remover, face mask, and moisturizer.
Faviana employees were able to participate in making Gabriella’s homemade DIY face scrub. The ingredients and directions are so simple, you’ll want to make this scrub all the time! This non-toxic recipe only consists of coffee grinds, extra virgin olive oil, and cloves. Just mix 2 tablespoons of EVOO, 1 tablespoon of the coffee grinds, and ½ teaspoon of cloves. The properties in these ingredients will help hydrate your skin and boost your energy, so you can use this harmless scrub once or twice a week.
If you’re looking for a reason to give almond milk a try, Gabriella has you covered with her favorite recipe. It is so easy to make and is a healthy substitute for regular milk. It only uses natural ingredients and contains a lot of protein.
Tools & Apps
The biggest tip that Gabriella gives to everyone is to not throw all of your products out immediately. If you are uneasy about starting an entirely new wellness routine, ease into it one product at a time. Apps including ThinkDirty and EWG are so helpful in providing more information on product ingredients, the levels of their “greenness,” and any topic relating to wellness.
We hope you found Women of Faviana’s speaker, Gabriella Truglio tips as insightful as we do. Take her advice and run with it. Good luck on your wellness journey!
Share your wellness routine by tagging us on Instagram @glamandgowns, and Faviana’s Instagram @Faviana, Snapchat @Faviana_NY, and Twitter @FavianaNY. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our Youtube channel for more fun vlogs!