By now, we hope you’ve heard all about the massive Women’s March that took place around the globe this weekend. An estimated 4 million people participated around the world, in about 673 major locations from Washington D.C. to India. The Women’s March movement is said to be the largest public demonstration in history, and it brought together men, women and children to celebrate world-wide acceptance and love. Here at Faviana, we are all about girl power, being a #girlboss, and empowering women. Our mission statement is to Help Women Feel Good and Celebrate Themselves.
Regardless of all politics and beliefs, it is pretty empowering to see this many people band together for a cause they care about! It’s so important to support and respect each other in the face of change. We have highlighted some of our favorite moments and photos from the march, and found some tips for how we can all stay involved and some next steps to take in the coming months.
Many celebrities joined the march to support women’s rights and raise awareness for the cause. Blake Lively, Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Chrissy Teigan, Emma Watson, Mandy Moore and Jane Fonda were all seen standing up for what they believe in. Long time and well known activists America Ferrera, Ashley Judd, Gloria Steinem, Sophia Bush and Alicia Keys made powerful, moving speeches. The best part was that the march was entirely peaceful, it was positive, unifying, empowering and uplifting without violence.
What is important, is how we can continue to peacefully voice our opinions and keep the discussion going. This is about coming together to support and empower each other – regardless of differences.
How to Be Involved Now:
San Francisco City Hall – Buzzfeed / Twitter @Fumi
- Participate in the Women’s March 10 Actions in 100 Days Campaign – Sign up to receive information on actions to take: https://www.womensmarch.com.
- Send a postcard to your senator – write about what you care about most & how you’re going to continue to fight for it!
- Volunteer – Find a local human rights or social justice group, or any charity that needs your help. Check out http://www.volunteermatch.org to find a local group you care about, and get involved.
- Get out and vote in the next election – Voting is the easiest and most impactful way to make your voice heard! Register to vote at https://www.vote.org, it’s quick and easy.
- Educate yourself – learn as much as you can about what’s going on in the world, and why it matters to you.
- Promote love – for yourself and for all the #girlbosses in your life!
Thanks to everyone who showed up and marched for such a great cause! How do you help to empower women? Did you participate in a march this weekend? What do you plan to do next? Share it with us on social media by tagging our blog’s Instagram @glamandgowns, Faviana’s Instagram @Faviana_NY, and Twitter @FavianaNY!
Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
Erin & Grace