Whether you have a costume or not, Halloween is approaching so get ready! Not all of us can be skilled makeup artists and craft a skull candy or skeleton makeup look. Many of us may already know how to achieve mermaid makeup with simple fishnets, but what about other unique looks? For those of you who don’t know where to begin or are afraid of taking on this task, we compiled a list of dummy proof Halloween makeup ideas that anyone can do!
Dummy Proof Halloween Makeup Ideas: The Scarecrow
Scarecrows may not have a brain, and you certainly don’t need expert makeup skills to achieve this next look. The key part of being a scarecrow is definitely the makeup, so here’s how to achieve this easy costume idea.
- Use black eyeliner to draw a round triangle on your nose.
- Draw a line extending from both corners of your mouth up to your cheeks.
- Add strike-through lines to your designs to resemble a stitch-look.
- Outline the bottom of your eyes with the same scarecrow design.
- Finish it off by adding an orange eyeshadow to the circle on your nose and cheeks.
Once you try it, you’re going to see how easy it is to achieve and wander why you never did this look before!
Superhero Eye Mask
Don’t have a mask for your last-minute costume? You can DIY your Halloween costume with this easy dummy proof Halloween makeup. All you need is a TON of black eyeliner.
- Start by outlining the shape of a mask around your eyes, using a photo of a mask as reference if needed.
- Once your mask shape is drawn, fill it in with black gel eyeliner, eyeshadow, or glitter.
- Use eyelash adhesive to glue bits of lace around the edges for a more realistic look.
It doesn’t look as easy as it actually is, which is the best part! Use colors and a shape that fits your favorite superhero, such as Batman.
Barbie Doll Makeup Ideas
We may be too old to play with the most popular and beloved toy among children, but that doesn’t mean we can’t pretend for just one night. Looking both plastic and fantastic is now possible with beauty guru, Kandee Johnson’s incredible Barbie tutorial. We’re here to break down the steps for you, creating an easy Halloween face makeup.
- Prime your face, cake on foundation, and exaggerate your contour to transform your skin into plastic perfection.
- Add a brown eyelid crease, a light pink eyeshadow to the lid, and white eyeliner to make your eyes appear wider.
- Use a black liquid eyeliner on the top and bottom to give your eyes an even more doll-like definition.
- Then, draw on large fake eyelashes below your eyes using brown cream eyeliner and a fine angled brush.
- For your top lid, apply mascara and fake lashes, along with going even further by drawing on huge “eyelashes” above.
- Finish off the look with heavy pink lipliner and gloss.
With the addition of blue contacts (if you don’t have blue eyes), a blonde wig, and any pink outfit, you’ll be ready to party!
Creepy Cobwebs Makeup
You may have used liquid eyeliner for the classic cat costume. Nonetheless, you can also use your black pen for other easy Halloween makeup ideas. One great idea is drawing cobwebs on your face and eye.
- Use a soft eye pencil in black to line your top and bottom lash lines
- Create a point at both your inner and outer eye, cleaning up any fallout with some concealer.
- To create the spider web, use a waterproof liquid liner to draw lines like rays of sunshine, starting at the base of one of your lower eyelids toward your jaw.
- Make them longer as you work your way from the inner to the outer corner of your eye.
- Then, bounce between them to form a web-like grid.
- Finish up with a dark lip.
Since your face is a majority of the costume, you can wear whatever you want when you go out! We suggest an all-black outfit though.
Show us your dummy proof Halloween makeup ideas by tagging us on Instagram @glamandgowns, and Faviana’s Instagram @Faviana_NY, Snapchat @Faviana_NY, and Twitter @FavianaNY. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our Youtube channel for more fun vlogs!