#BadHair? #WeCare! With prom just around the corner, its time to start prepping for it! Skin prep, makeup trials, finding the perfect dress and accessories are the first steps, but there’s one thing that no Faviana girl should overlook, and that’s hair. Ah our hair, it frames our face and reflects our changing style, but we put it through a lot! Between heating, styling, pulling, tying, processing and dying, our hair could use some serious TLC. So we’ve come up with our favorite products to help nurse your hair back to health, and get it prom ready!
Hair masks are a go to solution to get your hair back on track. Initially you should be doing a hair mask once a week, and after 2-3 months of weekly treatments you can maintain your hair by doing a mask once a month. Depending on your hair length and thickness, you may need to apply more product. Just remember to be a little on the generous side. Here are our 3 favorite hair mask options:
1. Salon Brands: They can be very expensive and sometimes may not even be the best option for your hair if you don’t talk to a stylist first. You should always consult with your stylist about the right product and brand to purchase before making a salon brand commitment.
2. Drug Store Brands: These can be the perfect alternative to expensive salon brand name products. Most drug store brand products mimic the same ingredients as the expensive masks. Make sure to always look at what your hair product is made from to watch out for anything harmful or synthetic.
3. DIY: The Glam & Gowns team’s personal favorite option!
Here is the recipe – Mix 1 Egg Yolk + 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil + 1 tablespoon of Honey together and apply generously to your hair.
Remember, all masks should be left on for 20-30 minutes then rinsed out and followed by shampoo & conditioner.
An oil treatment is an old school alternative to the modern day hair masks you might find at a drug store or salon. Coconut and Argan Oil are two that have stood the test of time!
- Coconut Oil is often used for so many things, and on hair it actually makes a big difference. The vitamins and essential fatty acids naturally found in coconut oil nourish the scalp and help to remove build-up from hair follicles. Go to your local grocery store and pick up a jar, but make sure it is organic! Apply a generous coat on your hair at night, wrap it up in a towel and sleep with it in your hair. Then, simply rinse it out in the morning and it will leave your hair feeling soft and conditioned.
- Another oil to try is Argan oil, and it comes in so many forms. Argan oil can act as a moisturizer for the scalp to fight dandruff and dry scalp. This oil will also help promote the growth of healthy, strong hair with the presence of Vitamin E. It can even undo some of the damage done through chemical treatments and dyes, and can be used to treat split ends too! You can pick it up from your salon or even at the drug store. This oil has now been infused into shampoos, conditioners, leave in treatments and sprays. Be sure not to use a lot of product as it can make your freshly washed hair look greasy, a little will go a long way with this one!
As good as your shampoo or conditioner may be, using additional products pre and post style will help with the overall health and then styling of your hair.
Using some of these methods will definitely help get your mane prom ready and picture perfect! But don’t just take our word for it, try it and let us know what you think, and what your favorite secret weapon hair products are. Share it with us by posting photos on Instagram with our blog’s Instagram @glamandgowns, or Faviana’s Instagram @Faviana_NY and Twitter @FavianaNY!
While that hair mask is on why not do some online shopping and check out Faviana’s prom 2017 collection!