It’s officially holiday season, which calls for holiday treats! Just like how you made yummy Halloween treats, we want to supply you with delicious and adorable recipes for the winter holidays. All of these are easy to make and perfect for baking for beginners, so don’t let the oven scare you this season. Try these holiday treats that anyone can make!
Holiday Treats: Hot Chocolate Cookies
These cookies will make it taste like your drinking a cup of hot chocolate!
- Beat 1 cup of softened butter, 1 cup of sugar, and 2/3 cup of brown sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla, mixing it together well.
- In a separate bowl, combine 3 1/4 cups of flour, 3/4 cups (usually 4 packages) of hot cocoa mix, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Gradually beat dry ingredients into butter mixture until blended.
- Then, stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1 cup of Marshmallow Bits.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets lined with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Finally, cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, and remove to eat!
Holiday Treats: Glitter Ball Cookies
Glitter bath bombs or cookies? Use colored sugar in shades to match your holiday palette!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat 1 cup of softened butter, 1/2 cup of confectioners’ sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy, usually 3 to 4 minutes.
- Beat in 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 2 cups of flour, mixing just until combined.
- Then, shape the dough into 3/4-inch balls (chill dough if too sticky).
- Place colored sanding sugar in shallow bowls.
- Roll each ball in sanding sugar, and place on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 1 inch apart.
- Next, bake, rotating the sheets halfway through, until edges are lightly golden. This is usually in 15 to 18 minutes.
- Finally, let the cookies cool completely on a wire rack.
- **Optional: Spread 2 cookies with just enough filling to allow them to stick together and enjoy cream in the center!
Holiday Treats: Candy Cane Oreo Truffles
You’ll want to use this simple recipe as your new holiday tradition!
- Place 36 Oreo cookies in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Add 8 oz. of softened cream cheese and pulse until the mixture is well combined and smooth.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the mixture into balls about 1-inch in diameter.
- Place the cookie balls in the freezer until well chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Remove truffles from freezer and dip in melted chocolate. You can use 16 oz. of white chocolate chips or regular chocolate chips!
- Return to the baking sheet and immediately sprinkle the tops with crushed candy canes. Crushing 1/4 cup of candy canes or peppermint candies in a bowl will do.
- Then, allow the chocolate to set.
- Store the truffles in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, and enjoy!
Holiday Treats: Melted Snowman Cookies
Simply bake your favorite sugar cookie recipe, then follow these easy steps!
- Spread white cookie icing on sugar cookies to create melted blobs.
- Decorate large marshmallows with black cookie icing to make dots for eyes and a smile (or smirk!).
- Insert an orange jimmy candy into the marshmallow for a nose.
- Place the marshmallow on cookie icing and add more cookie icing around the neck to secure it.
- Decorate the snowman by placing mini M&M’s on the cookie icing for buttons and adding chocolate jimmies for the arms.
You can find more easy holiday treat recipes here! Additionally, show us the holiday treats you make by tagging us on Instagram @glamandgowns, and Faviana’s Instagram @Faviana_NY, Snapchat @Faviana_NY, and Twitter @FavianaNY. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our Youtube channel for more fun vlogs @FavianaNYC!