Here at Faviana, we have endless amounts of inspiring women and motivational speakers around us, leaving us with great tips to apply to our own lives. This month, we had the pleasure of welcoming Pamela Weinberg, a Certified Career Management Coach (CCMC) and Personal Branding Strategist. We’re here today to share with you how to build your personal brand with the tips Pamela left us on career development in Women of Faviana: Personal Branding!
Personal Branding with Pamela Weinberg
Pamela Weinberg works with individuals of all stages of career development, helping people make easier career transitions and reach their career goals. From millennials to older career changers, she assists clients in building their personal brands and becoming a standout candidate in their chosen field. According to Pamela, your personal brand defines who you are and what you stand for. Some of the services she provides for clients are personal branding strategies, LinkedIn profile development, interview preparation, and job search techniques.
Personal Branding Coach
In being a career coach, Pamela presents workshops and webinars on a variety of branding-related topics to colleges and universities, corporations, professional organizations, and non-profits. She actually began her coaching career in the career management offices at NYU-SCPS and the NYU Wasserman center. This was after she created Mind Your Own Business Moms, a company dedicated to helping moms return to the workplace after a parenting break, with Barri Waltcher. Here, she co-taught classes in Manhattan.
Besides Personal Branding
Before Pamela became a career coach, she co-wrote the best-selling New York City parent’s resource guide, City Baby. With Kelly Ashton, the book is in its fourth edition (2010) and has also been published in Brooklyn, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Washington DC. She spoke frequently to mother groups on parenting-related topics and always been a strong advocate for moms. Frequently, Pamela has been quoted in the media on New York City family life, including a segment on CBS.
Advice On Personal Branding
Pamela Weinberg left us with an array of advice to help us further our careers and own personal brand. Check out these words of wisdom!
- Think to yourself, “Who am I and what makes me different than everyone else?
- Google yourself to see what people are talking about you and what they know.
- Your brand includes how you look, act, speak, write, and everything about you.
- Likability is one of the most important points when building your brand.
- Try to develop a personal mission statement to serve as a “GPS” for your career.
- Think what you want to be known for and what makes you unique.
- Make your personal brand professional by adding value and being involved.
- Promote your brand by joining associations and seeking opportunities.
- Have a professional LinkedIn profile that is creative and descriptive.
Did Pamela inspire you as much as she did us? Let us know what you think and share with us your own personal branding techniques by tagging us on Instagram @glamandgowns, and Faviana’s Instagram @Faviana_NY, Snapchat @Faviana_NY, and Twitter @FavianaNY. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our Youtube channel for more fun vlogs @FavianaNYC!