Instead of stressing out over booking an appointment with your salon, become your own hairstylist and create your very own updo. Here we supply you with simple homecoming updos that you can do yourself in just minutes!
Homecoming Updos: The Headband
Once you learn the headband trick, you’re going to want to wear it everyday. It’s super easy to master this short hair updo, not to mention it looks amazing when complete.
- Start this hairstyle by parting your hair in the middle with a comb.
- Next, take any thin headband, and place it over your head and hair above your ears.
- Then twist pieces of your hair under and around the headband.
- Continue until all your hair is around the headband, wrapping the last of your hair a few times until it is tucked in.
The headband stays better on dirty and hair-sprayed hair, but you can always pin the headband in place as the final step to secure it all throughout the night.
Homecoming Updos: The Top Knot
This hairstyle is great if you want a quick, classy look for homecoming or any busy morning.
- Start by pulling your hair into a high ponytail, but don’t pull your hair all the way through the rubber band. You want to end up with a little loop on top and some hair leftover at the bottom.
- Next take the hair that is free and twist it around the rest of your hair in the loop.
- Finally, use bobby pins to pin the bun in place and hold the style.
You can make this look as messy or tight and neat as you want to go with your outfit and personality. Try it with all of your hair or half up half down, adding accessories as you please.
Homecoming Updos: The Braid & Pin
This next updo is super fun to wear during the evening or when your hair is on it’s last day before you wash it again.
- Start with brushing your hair and teasing it a bit right by the crown of your head.
- Smooth out the top and separate your hair into three equal parts.
- Braid each part, keeping the middle braid tighter and the outside sections looser on the sides of your head, and secure with clear elastics.
- Roll each braid up into a bun or criss-cross them across each other if you’re more creative, finally securing with bobby pins.
We definitely recommend this updo for long hair!
Homecoming Updos: The French Twist
Last but not least, the french twist is a classic, chic style is actually easier than it looks. This works best for hair that is below chin length and isn’t layered.
- First spray the hair with some hairspray, using a comb to part the hair right across the back of the head, from ear to ear.
- Gather the top section of your hair around the crown, twist it one time, and secure it with bobby pins.
- Next, take the bottom section of your hair and twist it in a column upward, making the ends stick up.
- Grab the ends of your hair and tuck it underneath itself in the direction of the twist, securing the hair along the twist with bobby pins as well.
- Finish with a mist of hairspray, and you’re set!
Let us know which homecoming updo you’re going to try by tagging us on Instagram @glamandgowns, and Faviana’s Instagram @Faviana_NY, Snapchat @Faviana_NY, and Twitter @FavianaNY. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our Youtube channel for more fun vlogs @FavianaNYC!