You have your May Ball dress picked out and you chose what shoes you’re going to wear at May Ball this year too so now it’s time to start thinking about the trending hairstyles at May Ball so you can look and feel your absolute best. We consulted our expert hair stylist friends here at Faviana and identified the top five trending hairstyles at May Ball this year. So grab a mirror, some bobby pins, and a few of your favorite hot tools and try out some of these trending may ball hairstyles before the big day!
Trending Hairstyles at May Ball: Polished Pony
A polished pony is always on trend and will be the number one trending hairstyle at May Ball this year since it goes so perfectly with just about every dress style. Faviana Style 10014 is our top pick since it has such an intricate back and a polished pony will be sure to show it off.
To capture the ultimate Kim K pony, follow these super easy steps:
- Run your favorite straightening serum through damp hair.
- Blow dry your hair straight and then follow up by using a straightening iron to tame any frizz.
- Remember to always spray heat protecting spray through your hair before styling! Our fav is the Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Leave In Spray which you can get at almost any beauty store.
- Combine a mixture of hair gel and a drop or two of oil to comb through your hair.
- Pull your strands together into a high or low pony – whichever you prefer for this look!
- Top it off with a bit of hairspray and you’re good to go!
Trending Hairstyles at May Ball: Volumized Mixed Braid
This year, braids are the number two trending hairstyle at May Ball. You can make them as polished or messy as you’d like. To achieve the volumized mixed braid look, start out with a loose french crown braid and secure the braid at the nape of your neck. Then, start a loose fishtail braid until you reach the end. Start pulling pieces out of each of the braids for a volumized, carefree, look and finish off with a touch of hairspray to keep your strands in place.
Trending Hairstyles at May Ball: Floral Frenzy
One of our favorite style trends is the boho princess look like Faviana Style S10064. The gorgeous floral detail on the back of this dress has all the boho vibes. For this trending boho hairstyle at May Ball you have so many choices! You can crown braid your hair or follow the steps above for a volumized mixed braid that you can weave fresh flowers into for the ultimate flower crown!
Trending Hairstyles at May Ball: Loose Waves
Loose waves are a classic trending hairstyle at May Ball and always will be. To create the perfect wave, follow these easy steps:
- Start with either a curling iron, wand, or straightener – whichever one you’re most comfortable with to create loose waves throughout your hair.
- Section off your hair into four parts.
- Start in the back and curl the first section to the right then curl the second back section to the left.
- Next, curl each of the front sections away from your face.
- Finish off this look with some hairspray and flip your head upside down for some volume.
Trending Hairstyles at May Ball: Chic Top Knot
The last trending hairstyle at May Ball this year on our list is the chic top knot. What better way to show off a killer makeup look and a gorgeous gown than with a top knot?! Faviana Style S10004 is the perfect style to pair with this hairstyle look. Simply follow all the steps up top for a polished pony first. Then, gather the strands of the ponytail into a twist and wrap it around into a bun. Secure with a few bobby pins and a quick spritz of hairspray and you’re all set to go!
Show us your what style you’re rocking at May Ball this year by tagging us on Instagram @glamandgowns, and Faviana’s Instagram @Faviana_NY, Snapchat @Faviana_NY, and Twitter @FavianaNY. Don’t forget to subscribe to our Youtube channel for more fun vlogs @FavianaNYC, too!